Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blah!!! Sickness

Friday Night: Memaw and Datt had the girls for the night.  We were going on a date to celebrate Valentine's early.  All was going well, when we got THE call.  Emma's running a fever and Ella's coughing.  Ok, nothing serious, just give them a little medicine, some TLC, and we'll see you in the morning.  Call if it gets worse. No more phone calls, Yeah! Everyone must be doing better right? Nope.

Saturday: Both girls running fever and coughing.  Ella complaining of a sore throat.  I start remembering one child and the sibling of another child at preschool have strep throat.  Oh no.  Maybe it's just a cold or something.  Hopefully?.?

Sunday: Girls and I stay home from church.  I think I'm getting it also.  Cancel school for Monday.

Monday:
 2 hours at Urgent Care (Pediatrician is out of town, and my doctor won't see the girls.)  All 3 of us have strep throat, Ella and Emma have croup, and Emma has an ear infection.  5 medications between us.  Cancel school for Tuesday.

Tuesday: Ella and I appear to be on the mend, Emma's still sick.

Wednesday: Emma's fever spikes.  Ella recovering.  I have school with only 2 of my 5 students.  Daddy stays home in the morning to take care of girls.

Thursday: Emma's fever spikes again.  Daddy takes her to the pediatrician, who is back, while Ella and I go to school.  Poor Emma- 2 shots, 2 special breathing treatments, and a new prescription for the strongest antibiotic you can give a 3 year old because her ear infection got worse instead of better.  In the evening, Ella starts to get whiny and complain her ear is now hurting.  Sympathy pains? Cries for attention? Getting an ear infection?  My nose is a faucet, but other than that I'm feeling better.

Friday:  Ella's fever is back.  Grrrrrr...  The mom of the only other student I have on Fridays is very sympathetic and takes her child back home.  (Afraid of germs? Probably.)  Grammie comes over to watch Emma, and I take Ella to the Dr.  Poor Ella: Ear infection, 2 shots, and 1 special breathing treatment.  Grammie watched girls so I could go clean the office.  They were still taking nap when I came home.
Emma in the Play House
Ella on the couch
Saturday: Woke up to 2 sweet, happy, fever-free girls.  They seem to be much better.  All 3 of us still have some symptoms, but we are all doing much better! Yeah

A very special thank you to the best Daddy and husband in the whole world, who took great care of all three of us during this very long week!

No comments: