Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten!!

 Today was the first day of Kindergarten!  Ella and Emma were so excited, they were ready for school about 20 minutes early.  That gave us plenty of time to take first day of school pictures.

Emma:
 Ella:
 Backpacks packed and school supplies ready:
 Heading inside:
 Daddy went with us this morning.  The excitement turned to nervousness as we went inside and saw all the people.  Lots of parents helping their kiddos made for a sea of legs for our girls to try to get through.  I helped Emma find her class.
 Daddy helped Ella find her class.
No tears for Ella, but Emma did shed a few as we walked out her classroom door.

Daddy took me home and let me cry a bit before he headed off to work.  I cried and prayed for about hour, then went on about my day.  At about their recess time, I decided I could stand it no longer- I had to know that they were ok.  So, I may have gone and parked across the street from the playground and used the telephoto lens on the camera to check on my girls.  Once both classes were out there, it did not take them long to find each other.  They played with each other some and with other kids some, which is how it should be.  At the end of recess, they found each other in line and had a great big hug before going with their respective classes inside- a very sweet moment for me.  (You can almost see them hugging in the second picture, partially blocked by the big pine tree.)  And yes, I was prepared to tell any officer who might wonder why I was taking pictures from far away with my camera, that I am a kindergarten mom, who just had to check on my kids.
 Time for pick up:
Both girls report having a great first day of school.  I hope and pray for a wonderful year full of learning and fun.

No comments: