Thursday, January 9, 2014

Memories of Uncle Bud

My Great Uncle Bud, my paternal grandmother's brother, passed away today.  While I hadn't seen him in years and his health had been steadily declining with age, I still miss him.  I have some great memories of visiting him in California when I was a young girl.  He took me to see the broadway musical Cats, and we went to 2 Dodgers games among other things.  My favorite memories though were when he took us out to breakfast on the coast followed by a drive through the strawberry fields where he bought an entire flat of strawberries to bring home.  We ate all of them during my visit, and they were delicious!!!  He was a wonderful brother to my grandmother and a wonderful uncle to me.

(The picture was taken at a Dodger's game when I was 8 years old.  That's my Grandmommy and Uncle Bud with me.)

No comments: