Saturday, October 22, 2011

Second Hair Cut

It's been almost 2 years since the girls received their first haircut at the Barbershop in the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.  (Maybe someday I'll make the time to go back and blog that momentous event in Dec. 2009.)  And although I have kept up with trimming their bangs since then, the back of their hair has not been cut.  Well, lately it has gotten pretty frizzy and tangly, and I decided it's time to get it cut again.  I called around to several local hairdressers for prices and was surprised at how expensive children's haircuts can be.  So, I found some bravery and decided to attempt it myself.

The Preparation: Cut head and arm holes in a trash bag to use as a cape.  Make sure favorite movie is downloaded on iPad and set up on kitchen counter in front of stool.  Lollipops handy to help keep body, hands, and head still.

Ella was first:


Followed by Emma:




The girls really did a great job staying still.  Luckily for me, they have naturally curly hair, so you can't tell if I got it perfectly straight or not.   Overall, I'd call these haircuts a success.

No comments: