Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's Comes True

This morning at breakfast, I explained April Fool's Day to the girls, so they would be aware of what was going on at school.  While I was fixing their hair, I gave them an example.  I told Emma her shoe was untied.  She was wearing sandals.  When she looked down, I quickly said, "April Fools, made you look."  Both girls thought this was very funny, and soon they had their own adaptation to this.  They were telling each other and me there were spiders, bugs, and monsters everywhere.  When I picked them up from school, they were quick to continue the jokes of imaginary spiders and bugs.

Well, when we got home from the library and gymnastics,  I put the girls in the bathtub.  It wasn't long before I heard blood-curdling screaming coming from the bathroom which soon mixed with tears.  I ran in there as fast as I could and found them standing outside the tub, dripping wet, screaming and crying.  Once calm enough to talk, this is the story I was told.  Apparently, Emma told Ella there was a spider on her head.  Of course, after the jokes about this exact thing all day long, Ella didn't believe here, that is until the spider crawled down her forehead and onto her eye, where she actually saw it.  Hence- all the screaming. (And justifiably so, I might add.)  I couldn't help but laugh at the joke coming true.  I found the spider floating in the water and quickly drained the tub.  The girls both agreed, they'd rather have a shower today.

No comments: