Sunday, May 18, 2014

Birthday Preparations!

Birthday preparations are in full swing around here.  I've made cupcakes to take to school, and Anna and Elsa "Frozen" cake for their party, and we even let the girls open one present a day early so they could wear it to church on Sunday.
After baking 48 cupcakes and two full cake mixes to make enough for the doll cake, I was feeling a little silly.  When I went to put the birthday cake in the freezer last night to make icing it a little easier for today, I was totally cracking up.  As I was gently sliding the cake onto the shelf it dawned on me, Frozen!  I was putting the characters from the movie Frozen in the freezer.  (Typing it here doesn't seem nearly as funny, but it sure was funny to me last night.)
I spent all afternoon finishing up the cake, but I think it turned out wonderful!
Elsa's side:
Anna's side:
One early birthday present each:
So very excited to find the fancy dresses they were wanting in the store the other day inside the present:
Even more excited when they found out they could wear them to church today:
Our beautiful girls: (Beautiful inside and out!!)
Can't believe they will be six years old tomorrow!!

No comments: